Monday, August 13, 2007

Sceduling for Preschoolers

As a stay at home mom, I have always had a liberal idea of scheduling. We slept in when we wanted, ate when we wanted, and got out of the house when we wanted.

Now I am a working mom, and scheduling is so much more important. We are scheduling our morning routine and the children will have a daily routine at school. The evenings, I am still leaving pretty free. We will have a bed time (right now should be bath time) and get to bed so we can start again with the morning schedule.

Either way, you have to work with your personality and your child's. My children would sleep in, others will not. My children don't eat at normal meal times- they are like me and do not like to eat breakfast when they wake up. Now, they will learn to eat, like I have, or be hungry (they love to drink milk instead!).

Work a schedule with your family that works for your family. Do not be dishearten by those super scheduled if you are not. Do not be bothered by those that are not scheduled when you are. To each their own!

If you want to try to be more scheduled or be formal about the schedule you already have, use this preschool schedule maker.

0 comments: