Friday, February 1, 2008

Your Favorite Ritual with Your Child

As parents, we often get in habits of rituals for so many different things, from the time we wake up to the time we go to bed. Tell me your favorite ritual with your child, whether it is your preschooler or one that has left the nest. We would love for you to share these memories and ideas with us!

You can comment on this blog (leave me an email so I can let you know if you have one) or link from your blog and leave the url in the comment section. The best ritual will be selected by me and will receive a book selected by me from Barefoot Books.

Thanks for sharing!

Shop Small Banner



6 comments:

AudreyO said...

My favorite ritual was with my younger daughter. When I'd tuck her in we'd do a very short prayer that she just loved. It made going to bed enjoyable as she loved the prayer. She's now 17 and we don't do that anymore, but we did have that ritual for many years.

Audrey :)

Unknown said...

That is a wonderful ritual. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Betsy said...

What a great contest!! I wrote about it on my Sleepless In Florida blog! Thank for letting me share!

Kim said...

We have a song that I made up when Ruby was tiny that she still LOVES to this day. She's 3 and never gets tired of it.

Thanks for the fun contest!

http://4fabmoms.smartmoms-smartbusiness.com/

:) Kim

Mary said...

My little girl is only 18 months right now. My two favorit rituals thus far are after I get her all ready for bed we go to the couch and sit with daddy for a little bit before bed. I love that few min. of family time each night. The other is kind of silly but I enjoy it. She has been potty training for the last few weeks and when she goes potty I sing and dance (I am sure a crazy site) "Who went Peepee in the potty? Who went peepee in the potty? You did! Yeepee" She laugh so hard everytime.

Unknown said...

Singing to children is so wonderful, especially when you create the songs yourselves- then no one can duplicate them!