Friday, August 31, 2007

Trips to the Bathroom: Define Manipulation

I got so busy commenting on my comments yesterday, I forgot to blog! LOL!

Now that my son is attending preschool and is enjoying himself, he has now decided the bathroom is a fun place to be. His teacher has left messages that something may be wrong since he is going to the bathroom two or three times per hour. I think there are two options:
1. He has figured out he can get out of the classroom on his own. The bathroom is right next door.
2. He squeezes some out so he can wash his hands and play in the sink!

Either way, while he is at home, he hardly goes at all. I told him he was manipulating his teacher, that does not know him yet, and who is afraid he will wet his pants. I explain to him he only goes when he absolutely HAS to go and he should not manipulate the situation.

We shall see on Tuesday how his teacher reacts or if he actually wets his pants... which he has not done awake unless he waits too long after nap.

The preschool mind is a smart one...

2 comments:

Belisama said...

LOL, that sounds familiar. I'm a preschool teacher and I'm always finding kids playing in the sink. It can actually be a bit gross because they wait until there's a couple of inches of water in there and then they ALL "wash" their hands in the water together. Kind of defeats the purpose.

Anyway, sometimes I tell my frequent bathroom visitors that I'm going to tell their parents to take them to the doctor, because having to go to the bathroom too often can mean a person is sick. Sometimes this solves the problem since many kids aren't fond of doctors!

:) Chris
http://craftyteacher.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Believe it or not, mine would love to go to his doctor- a fish tank , toys, and lollipops! But I did tell him that. I teach middle school and they love to go to the bathroom too- all ages of kids know how to escape class!