Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Help for Picky Eaters


My son has been a picky eater since he stopped eating baby food- he ate all the baby food I fed him- even the yucky broccoli and cheese. When he got old enough to realize he could choose, he stopped eating most things.

Recently he started eating some new things. And mostly it is because a Charlie and Lola episode. Charlie names the food Lola dislikes cool names and gives them cool stories. Lola eats them. And now my son loves "green rain drops"- or peas.

Tonight, I made him and his daddy some peas- I don't eat them (wonder where the pickiness comes from?). My son started throwing the peas in his mouth like Lola does. It was quite funny because he could not get the idea of actually opening his mouth, so peas went everywhere.

It was a difficult decision- let him eat the VEGETABLE or make him stop. So we tried to teach him to get them in his mouth. He finished all of them on his plate, at least the ones that were not on the floor and in the dogs mouth!

The help for picky eaters- pick food that they see on movies or shows and let them throw food-

How many of you think I am crazy!?

0 comments: