Monday, July 30, 2007

Make Home Made Ice Cream

Yesterday our church had their annual Old Fashion Sing and Ice Cream Social. This is the one time a year I make ice cream. And I do not know why, it is not hard and tastes soooo good!

I always search for a no cook recipe, because why cook it when you can dump it. My children were very interested in how those milk cartons were going to make ice cream. Of course I made a no-cook coconut ice cream recipe from Ben and Jerry's (and added some extras to make it better), so they were not really into the coconut. But they saw the process and transformation.

Here is my variation on the Ben and Jerry's recipe to make Almond Joy No Cook Ice Cream:

To make the ice cream, following the Ben and Jerry's Sweet Cream Base II (supper easy and good consistency!)- you get the coconut creme in the drink mixer section (not coconut milk, although that may work too). Then follow your freezers directions- you can get an inexpensive freezer from a discount store- and begin freezing the ice cream. Buy or roast some almonds in the oven and food process them to small pieces. I also added dark chocolate morsels. I tried chopping the dark chocolate morsels, but that made them get a little warm. When the freezers sounds like it is slowing down, add in the almonds and dark chocolate morsels. Keep going until it is done. Then scoop it into a container and put into your freezer.

This is too good to pass up. Fortunately, not many people were willing to try out my Almond Joy ice cream so I had plenty to bring home! Yum!

0 comments: