Friday, July 27, 2007

Read Books In the Car

For those that do not get car sick!

With DVD players so common in cars now a days, children don't get the time riding in cars to play with toys like the used to. I have a DVD player and I can not imagine a long trip without it. But I try not to play a movie when we are driving around town. I try to encourage looking out the window, playing, or reading a book.

Reading books is a great car activity if you have kids that don't get car sick. I put a big stack in between the two children's car seats and let them grab them up as we drive along. This is also great on long trips because eventually movies get boring too.

Pack a basket full of books and put it in the car. Reading can make the trip go quicker and encourages the love of reading.

0 comments: