Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Homemade Playdough Recipes

As we are home for Tropical Storm Faye, I thought it would be best to find something for the kids to do inside--- it is a bit rainy outside (and we are missing our second day of school!). My husband looked up a playdough recipe for me, because I am never sure how much of what to add. He found a great list of homemade playdough recipes, some I have never seen!

I think this is my new favorite (and I have been stocking up on baking soda for some other homemade bath products- you can get a huge bag at Sam's):

Rubbery Playdough

2 cups baking soda
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup cornstarch

Mix with a fork until smooth. Boil over medium heat until thick. Spoon onto plate or wax paper.

Ours was not rubbery, but nice and smooth. It did stick a little but rubbed right off. It is a nice bright white- not like the flour recipe (I use unbleached flour, so mine tends to be a cream color)- so I did not even add color.

This site also suggested using veggie juice for color! I love that idea.

0 comments: