Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bugs, Bugs, Bugs



Actually it is just one bug.






Today we were walking out to the mail box and I walked through a spider web. Lovely! The spider (which really does not look like a spider, but did make a spider web) got caught on me and I quickly got it to the ground (and off my head!). My kids were so fascinated, they did not even go to the mail box. I remembered we got some bug containers at the dollar store a few weeks ago. We went and got it and then captured the spider. We named it Sydney (I think it is the spider on a Charlie & Lola episode) and gave it some plants and a stick. It climbed all over the cage. My son gave it some more flowers for his home and let it go within the hour.

It was so much fun watching the bug. A cheap, fun science activity for the day!



0 comments: